Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Day 13 - Baddeck, Wagmatcook, Port Hawksbury

We packed up our stuff and left Mira River Provincial park and drove through Sydney to go back and take the 105, which drove us down past Baddeck.


Blooming tree in Baddeck, Nova Scotia

We wanted to souvenir shop and Baddeck has 5 gift shops. We also stopped in various other artsy shops.

We stopped at the tourist information, not so much to get information but because they all have washrooms and they are generally in far better shape then the gas station toilets or the outhouses in some of the provincial parks.  Most big enough towns I've been to in most of the Canadian provinces I've travelled in have tourist information. I've seen them in Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, & Nova Scotia.  I'm sure I've seen one or two even in PEI.  Usually signalled by a large ? on a brown sign, with arrows to show where it's located.  Also good place to get free maps and find out what's around the town you just stopped in

We also stopped at the RedBarn gift shop at the cross roads of the Cabot trail, and we left the Cabot trail for good.

Wagmatcook giftshop in Nova Scotia

We also stopped in Wagmatcook in a gift shop to get Micmac souvenirs.  I found this dream catcher type piece of art really interesting.

Artwork in Wagmatcook gift ship.

 Our last stop before leaving Cape Breton was our beginning point, Port Hawksbury. We stopped at the Canadian tire to pick up a part for my Coleman propane stove. Which I found no problem. Would you believe I know the layout of the Port Hawksbury Canadian Tire?

MacPuffin Motel in Port Hawksbury, Cape Breton
Driving out of Nova Scotia and into new Brunswick we saw many different sunsets. Most of the photos I took are filled with bugs on the windshield. Despite having scrubbed the windshield an hour or two earlier when we last gassed up.

Border between Nova Scotia and New Brunswick at Dusk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!