Sunday, May 18, 2014

Trip to Reserve Faunique PortNeuf

I left Montreal at noon, gassed up and made my way to Quebec city in heavy rain. Because of the weather I didn't get to Repentigny before 1pm. The rain finally slowed down by the time I got to Trois-Rivieres.

By the time I got to the dockyards in Quebec City it was muggy and quite hot. A bit unexpected after driving in the pissing rain for several hours.  We stopped at a Canadian Tire so she could pick up a pair of rainboots and I picked up campsoap and propane. No clue what happened to my campsoap

We got to the entrance of the reserve faunique Portneuf by around 6:30:M to check in. We got a camping site in the canoe camping spots at the top of Lac Lapeyrere.

It rained on and off while we were setting up the campsite. We tarped over the picnic table and then put the moose stew I'd made Monday night. While that was cooking we put up the tent then tarped over it.

It rained on and off most of the night and until about 11AM Saturday. Then there was less rain. We drove around and stopped at various lakes just to look at them. We had decided if we were going to canoe it was not going to be on Lac Lapeyrere because it's huge and with the wind, the waves were epic.  We wanted to find a smaller calmer lake to canoe on.

Some idiot across the lake from us kept blowing up fireworks between 10-11pm both nights we were there.

Despite the fact it was cloudy the entire day I still ended up with a sunburn on my face.

As for animals, I saw a deer on the side of the road driving up to the campsite. We saw several hares, a wild chicken, some red squirrel, turkey vultures, and several types of waterfowl including loons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!