Sunday, March 09, 2014

Emotions run high and daylights saving time

The past couple of weeks I've been an emotional mess. I dunno if it's because of the cabin fever or the long winter, but I've spent the past few days watching TV shows to make me cry so I can get some of the excess emotions out of me.

One of the things that got me all emotional yesterday is talking to my friend about my daughters taking her out drinking at Christmas.  They told her that other then me and their dad, she was the most consistent person in their lives. And also that she was the person who got me the most. That's probably true. She gets me and she makes me laugh. Two qualities that my boss liked a lot about her too :)

Though everyone agrees I'm so much easier to deal with now.  I still get moody, but I don't brood as much or for as long. Things don't anger me as much, and well life's too short to blow up at everything, even though I've been finding myself short fused.

My friend is at a weird place in her life. She's left her husband and New  Brunswick, and has been living with me since December, and currently has 2 men wooing her.   Well one man totally wooing her, a cracker from Tallahasee, Florida, she's known over 12 years. A guy I've chatted with in IRC from time to time. Entertaining, intelligent and knows what he wants.   Then there's her Norwegian married man, who's been helping her keep her sanity from when she first moved to New Brunswick. However he was never leaving his wife.  I didn't have much faith in him  but sometimes an online friendship goes a long way in helping you keep your sanity when you're isolated at home.  I'm envious in some ways but happy for her as she is deserving. She's an awesome person, and has really not had too many nice things happen to her.

Hey Jethro, need help messing with her fabric?
Just to make life interesting, the long rant I made about Douche Canoe men had the desired effect but the most amusing thing is that the very next day I had 2 men from my past messaging me wanting to see me!!

One was someone I had a misguided affair back in my early years working probably 17-20 years ago.  The other was a guy I had a one night stand with in 2004? I had pneumonia the night he came over, and ended up at the clinic at 8am the next morning because after he left I was coughing up blood!  He seems to reappear in my  life at moments when I'm totally emotional and prone to make rash decisions.  Dunno if it's Karma telling me something.  What's for sure is that I tend to remember more the fact I had pneumonia then the time we spent together. I was thinking about it yesterday.

I was so emotional yesterday and so indecisive that I sat around with 8 sewing patterns and 10 swatches of fabric and could not decide for the life of me which dress to make with which fabric. I'm over thinking it over analysing. Driving me nuts. I hope today I do better.



Ten fabrics, 9 patterns, decisions, decisions, decisions.

On an unrelated note, why is daylights saving time in early March now?   Just to screw up my  sleep cycles again? FUCK YOU!  I mean it in the nicest way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!