Thursday, February 06, 2014

Survived

I survived the day from hell. I managed to make it to the dentist by 10:30 for an 11am appointment. Except that they didn't take me till 11:15, which mean my appointment ran to 12:15.  So I called from the lobby at 12:20 to tell our receptionist to advise the HR lady that I was potentially going to be late for my 1pm appointment.

To make sure I was not late instead of taking the decarie service road to the 40, I actually took the Decarie highway.  It wasn't jammed, despite the snow. I could not believe a woman from Ontario driving an SUV cut in at the very last minute to get on the 40, and was driving 40km per hour, on a highway with a minimum of 60. The minute I could, I got out from behind this moron.   In the third lane of the 40 I was comfortable going 90km per hour.  So long as there is no one close to you, snow should not prevent you from driving.

I made it back to work at exactly 1:02pm, despite having to go park on the street because the front parking was full.  I took an extra 5 minutes to wolf down a tabouleh salad with feta, before doing my first interview.

Would you believe I was running 2 minutes late and some yahoo from another division just walked right into my interview with a comment like "It's my turn now". I asked her politely to let me finish. It's one thing to respect interview schedules, but to barge in while someone else is interviewing after they go beyond the allotted time by 2 or 3 minutes is called lack of respect. I mean WTF?  When I walked out a few minutes later ,the woman ignored me and just barged in. I tried to tell her you can't just walk into someone's interview. But she was just going to be a bitch. So I complained to our HR lady. That  this yahoo needs to learn some manners. We don't just  barge in and then when we're told to wait, SLAM the fucking door?!?!?!  Mature!  and they say I"M MOODY! HA!!!!

I did the 5 interviews. This university thinks it's giving their students a better chance for jobs by having us decide to hire their students first [last day to tell them who we want is this Friday, all other schools is next Friday]. Well not having seen other candidates, I was only comfortable choosing one of their students. This girl was awesome, the first female candidate I interview that has built her own PC, and is totally comfortable with hardware.

Besides this school is giving their students bad advice. I'm told they tell the students to apply to all the jobs they like whether or not they meet the requirements.  Well for a QA job that doesn't fly. If you can't read requirements, I will think you will not do QA properly.  If I ask for first or 2nd year bachelors students,  I will put in the garbage all the resumes from people in 3rd, and 4rth year bachelors degree, and all the masters students.    Also we have a minimum required GPA, if you don't meet it, I can't hire you. If I cannot hire you, then I certainly won't waste my time interviewing you! I received a pile of 20 CV's from that university. I interviewed 5, the other 15 went straight into the garbage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!