Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Gluten free fruit square - another variation

The first variation I did of the fruit nut squares was using just one bag of  of the president's choice  frozen mixed fruit blends.  The 4-fruit blend that contains peaches, strawberries, pineapple and mango.  It was what inspired me to mix berries and mangoes to make the  "Hawaiian punch" version. The recipe is here.  Just substitute the 3 half bags of frozen fruit & berries for this one bag shown on the left.

I get bored so I'm going to keep experimenting with various mixes. I tend to buy frozen fruit when there are sales. Sometimes it's cheaper to buy a bag of frozen strawberries then fresh ones!  And for baking it does not matter if it has been frozen.

Also learning to toss in my freezer any ripe banana no one will eat because it's too ripe.   They are perfect for cooking.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!