Saturday, February 08, 2014

Beautiful day for skating

My shadow on the skating rink
It was a beautiful winter day. I left home around 2ish, first went to IGA down the road, then proceeded to the Parc on Rive Boisee. I spent about one hour skating around the ice rink. After taking my skates off I went to the other side of the park, the one along the Riviere des Prairies and even walked on a snowshoe trail halfway across the bay to a little island. But decided I went far enough and came back. Took a bunch of photos before proceeding to Mourelatos.

Ice rink at parc de la rive boisee.
I had a great time going skating especially since there was absolutely no one but me the entire time I skated. Not on either rink. Just as I had enough some people arrived to play hockey on the hockey rink.  I don't understand those people who whine they are all alone. I had a fabulous time by myself today.

What amuses me is that the first five minutes I skate hurt the most. I usually want to call it quits. If I can get past it, then I can last an hour. I'm still breaking in new skates so it's good I can last an hour.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!