Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Today is Hump Day!

The middle of the work week. Speaking of work, last Friday I was given a certificate for 20 years of employment. [It was given to me 21 1/2 years there].  I had already received my gift certificate at the beginning of the summer, and ended up getting the Tamron 18-270 Piazo lens with it. Nice multi purpose lens that is awesome when just taking one lens for a walk in the park.

My new batch of interns, while being very young and very green are a good batch. It's a bit surprising. Usually the winter semester is where I have the worst candidates, and the summer semester is where I get the best candidates. This batch is all from COOP universities and includes one female student.  Other then the fact they don't read, I haven't really had an issue with any of them.  I say they don't read because all of them have repetitively asked me questions that are answered in the "information guide" I give them on the first day.  Most recently my phone extension and email address. I had to remind them that all pertinent telephone numbers and email addresses they might need to contact us, are all neatly written on page 5 of the booklet. And then I've stressed that first before answering questions they should look at all provided information.

It amazes me that the ONLY student recently that used this guide and read it properly was the one I had last semester, that I'd interviewed twice and not chosen. The one who was so poor interview but turned out to be on of the best stagieres I've had in years.   He never asked a question that was already answered in his guide. But he's a very rare breed.

I managed to get 2 20-25 minute walks in Bois de Liesse on Monday, sadly Tuesday rained most of the day so instead went to bulk barn and dollarama with a colleague.  Today hopefully I can get 2 more walks. I always feel so much better when I go walking in the woods.

Oh and the coworker I keep bitching about, the one with the bathroom fetish and the like, she's taken to coming to work wearing Fuck-me boots this winter. I had one day where one male colleague pointed out she really needed to wear a bra. You could see way too much of her breasts despite wearing a top.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!