Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Freezing rain sucks

Yesterday it went up to 6 and we had freezing rain most of the day. Made for spectacularly icy roads, which reminds me I need to salt my path so the mailman does not kill himself.

Yesterday was the first day back at work and I had 6 interns start. So far so good, none are grating on my nerves already and they seem ok. We'll see as time goes.

I also had a date last night, for the first time in years. Probably since 2006 or 2007. Yeah I don't go out much. I met him at Pushaps, on Sources.  When I arrived, the owner asked me how I was doing. I've been going to this restaurant for close to 20 years, so I asked him how business was doing. He answered business is good, especially with loyal customers such as you who brave the bad weather to have dinner here :)

My date arrived on time, and seemed happy to see me [no he didn't have a banana in his pocket]. Conversation found us just as easily in person as it did online both emails and chat.  That was a relief. as I have particularly awkward days.   In person he reminds me of the father of my daughters.  He's about same height and built, though probably much slimmer then ex now.  Once I was able to get his work clothes out of my head and see him more as himself, it helped a great deal.  Tucked in shirts and business casual is not as bad as suit & tie but apparently does nothing to turn me on either.

After dinner I invited him back to my place to talk some more.  We had a really nice time. Cannot wait to see him again. Jethro had a nice talk with him and even Ziva liked him, my little anti-social diva!

Oh and don't get me started about the cats. First they sat and watched us interact, then they fought. I mean how often do Jethro and Ziva fight? Practically never. She was hissing!  Both managed to take off their collars and play with the collars on the floor to make noise and tell me that they had taken it off. They also tore around the house like maniacs and Ziva enjoyed play deer. Between their antics and how I'm feeling there's definitely another storm coming our way

Now have to get my ass in gear to get ready for work. It's -15 outside today, nice contrast to yesterday's warmth and everything will be iced up today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!