Friday, October 04, 2013

Sony walkman - MP3 player

I bought myself a Sony walkman on Tuesday. First time ever that I own an MP3 player or any type of music player or even a walkman of any type.

For starters my ears are highly sensitive, don't like having anything in them. Wearing big headphones bug my head. I have found some types of buds that I can tolerate though I can only tolerate listening to music for so long because I will eventually get nervous because I don't hear what's coming at me.

Anyways to get back to the walkman, I'm pleased with my purchase. I got the 4 GB one, that also gets FM radio, and will record both voice and from the radio.

I can get 99.9 The Buzz on it from my bedroom at home. The alarm clock I bought at Canadian tire last year, woulnd't get any signal for it. I returned it. What's the point of having a radio alarm clock if you can't get the radio station you like listening to.  :)     I haven't checked how well The Buzz comes in at other locations yet, but fact I can get it at home, is already good. Signal is not perfect, but it's acceptable.

As for the quality of the sound, I'm happy, but some would say I can't tell a good speaker from a bad one.  The earbuds it comes with suck. But all the reviews I read pretty much said it.  Otherwise I'm very happy.   I can plug it into my Suzuki in the AUX and listen to what's on the device instead of putting a CD in, but I have no control over what's playing when I do that. WIth a CD I can repeat a song. And some days, I just listen to one song, in the 30 minutes I drive back and from work.

Part of the reason I bought the player is to use at work to block out one co-worker who's job has changed and he spends more time talking to others and he's so loud he kills my work flo, so I'm trying to listen to music as a means to help with my focus.

Also going to try to see if I can use it as a sleep aid when I'm not at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!