Sunday, October 06, 2013

New dishes week

I finally got around to making the Harvest vegetable and lentil casserole. I aimed to make last week-end when visiting my friends in the townships. I just managed to make my 7 bean salad, but with one extra ingredient, Feta cheese one that is made only of goat and sheep milk. I put two slices cut in pieces. Was really good, Will probably be adding feta to my bean salad from now on.

This Thursday night I made the harvest vegetable and lentil stew. I ended up using 2 different lentils, both types fairly dark and small. I was afraid that the turnip would over power everything  but it didn't. Makes a nice vegetable stew.

The dish I made for dinner on Saturday night was mussels etouffee. Took the shrimp  recipe for Shrimp Etouffee here and substituted mussels for the shrimp, it was so  incredibly good. I served it on a bed of brown rice noodles accompanied with home made French fries.

Today I made potato and chick pea curry. It turned out pretty good, but I added cayenne, the recipe didn't call for any and I added far more curry then the recipe called for. It turned out delicious, especially since it was cooked for some time in coconut milk, makes for a nice sauce.

The last dish I made was a rosemary socca. It turned out better then the first time I attempted it. I had 2 pieces already to sample it. And so far I'm really enjoying it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!