Friday, October 04, 2013

My first camera!

Was going through a trip down memory lane talking about camera equipment. I found that Camerapedia is very useful in helping you figure out how old your camera's are.

The very first camera I ever used, was a camera my mom bought probably while pregnant so she could take photos of me. It was the first camera I used, at 12, when I went to summer camp the first time. I was given a roll of 12 black and white, since film was still pretty expensive back then.  It's when I learned to be perfectly still. Sadly with age, I'm not as still as I once was, and have to make more frequent use of a tripod, especially for photography in less then well lit conditions. Monopods are nice and all but mine broke fairly quickly. I think I got to use it only 2 or 3 times.

This is a photo of the Brownie Starmite II that my mom bought in 1962

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!