Friday, September 06, 2013

Microsoft ignores technet and MSDN for RTM

We're very unimpressed. The RTM is out and we could only get a couple of keys. I was told, to go to MSDN, and then I found out that Windows 8.1 is not being released to MSDN before October 18th. The same day as end users. 

What does Microsoft really think, waiting 3 more weeks is going to prevent leaks of the OS on the internet, or prevent people to trash it, and call it VISTA 2.0 ? 

As far as I can see other then a 'start button' and a few other visual differences, it's still windows 8 and it still sucks. It's not going to impress the desktop/workstation market anymore then the previous version was. And worse, YOU HAVE TO INSTALL a new OS.  


It's not a service pack, it's a new OS. This will use tons more of disk space for me to test with. I had some clown suggest that I just replace my Windows 8 with Windows 8.1 Because no one will ever use Windows 8 again. If I'm still stuck testing Windows XP, chance are even with 8.1 out, I will still have to test 8. 

So for me Windows 8.1 is a HUGE PITA.  On the day of the release and for the month that follows, I will have to add that version of windows to all my test systems. Never mind the fact that I'll probably get bugs reported before I have it installed on certain systems. 

Microsoft isn't improving, it's becoming worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!