Thursday, August 22, 2013

Syria, will Bashar ever leave?

It doesn't seem likely anymore that Bashar Al Assad will ever leave his cushy spot as the head of Syria. It saddens me more that his army is using chemical weapons against it's own people.

It also saddens me that some of the 'rebels' are imported from other countries and are affiliated with AlQueda. But I bet you Bashar had a lot to do with it. He's been saying from the start that the people against him are terrorists and now that is true for some.

But the average Syrian is not interested in a country being run by Al Queda or fundamentalist Islam. They just want to be free from the shackles of the Assad family.

I'm glad I visited the Middle East in 2010, because I doubt it will be safe to do so for years to come. Sadly many countries have large youthful populations who have no political power and no jobs. This will continue to fuel revolutions throughout the region.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!