Saturday, August 10, 2013

So proud

I've blogged about my youngest daughter moving to the UK, somewhere in London.  This is the same daughter who was clingy as a child. Until I started working when she was 4, she spend a great deal of time sitting on me or being held by me. I never had to worry about losing her in a mall, she was generally velcroed to my leg, or so it seemed most of the time.

I couldn't fathom why she needed to be so close to me, but I accepted that it was a deep need and figured that if I tried to fullfill it as much as I could, she would grow up to be reasonably independent.

So to see my daughter, first move to the UK and now travel around Europe just blows my mind and makes me so incredibly proud.

I'm proud that she is capable of doing the things that thrill her gorilla. I don't know that I would have had the balls to travel around Europe in my early 20's but loving that she does.

Loving the fact that I have 2 very independent daughters who are following their dreams. I am beyond proud of both of them. I miss them but am so happy that they are happy and living their lives. We only have one life to live and its great to live it to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!