Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Sales people must think we're dumb or something

Yesterday during lunch time we went to Canada computers and Microbytes to check out laptops as my friend was hoping to see the laptop she wants to buy to get a feel for it. 

They didn't have the laptop she wanted to see at Canada computers so we went to Microbytes. She's sweet on a particular Lenovo laptop. As you may know I'm pretty fond of my Thinkpad Edge laptop. Best laptop I've ever had.  Even though it runs hot now. It's still far more stable then any other laptop I've had and handles playing video files really well.

Anyways, my friend saw MSI laptops for the first time, as MSI hasn't been in the laptop market for that long. When we got to Microbytes, the sales manager probably saw she was sweet on Lenovo and he tells us, that it's not worth buying Lenovo anymore, that they were bought out by Acer and since then the quality has gone down and they get a lot of Lenovo returns now.

I found it hard to believe. I work in a technology company. I hear about who buys out who usually when it happens. I would have heard. Well as it goes apparently Acer helps in the assembly process of Lenovo laptops. That doesn't make it owned by Acer or their laptops designed by Acer.  No Lenovo is still it's own entity. Used to be known as Legend, until their rebranding to have a unique name world wide. They bought IBM's workstation and end user computer lines and while the systems keep a distinctive "IBM" feel  to them, Lenovo has done very well.

I've always been an IBM fan. Their PC's generally worked differently then Dell's or HP's and find lots of bugs for me.  They used to be bigger and clunkier but indestructible too.  I was always one of the few at work who actually liked the machines.  I'm currently the only one who has Lenovo systems in my team at work. I have quite the collection, the Workstations include the S20, D20, S30, D30, and then I have the ThinkCenters, including the M52, A57, M58, M78, M90, M91,  and M92. The M78 is my newest Lenovo and is AMD based. Sweet little machine so far. Even considering it for home, though only 2 hard disk bays and I tend to keep adding hard disks in my systems.

To get back to the salesman, shame on you to try to push my friend to buy MSI by telling us Lenovo is sucking monkey balls and being taken over by Acer. Way to misrepresent the truth.  I rarely trust what salesmen says anyways, but I still find it irritating when they think you're that dumb. Just because we dress girly does  not mean we are PC illiterate or clueless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!