Thursday, July 11, 2013

Restaurant Punjab in Lasalle.

Yesterday after my co-worker dropped me off at Lasalle Suzuki to pick up my car, we decided to have dinner together. She misses her bf who is in Officer bootcamp in St Jean-sur-le-Richelieu. She found an Indian place and I followed her there, on Dollard street. 

When I walked into this restaurant I had a feeling of Deja Vu. The sign was even familiar, though the name was not for a restaurant.  The decor, the menu above the cash and the sweets counter, was almost the same as Pushaps, an Indian vegetarian restaurant in Pierrefonds, that I have been going to for more then 20 years. 

I mentioned in in passing to our waitress, she laughed, and said her uncle owns Pushaps, and that until recently this particular restaurant was also known as Pushaps. I should mention she was a particularly beautiful Indian woman, young and very energetic.  We both took the meal of the day, it's something I love at Pushaps.  Whereas they tend to have 3 differently spiced foods along with rice, here all 3 curries were about the same spiciness. I've had the 3 curries at Pushaps before, but these tasted different. Not different, I don't like, just different but just as good. Not sure how the eggplant curry was different, but it was delicious. It's obvious that this cook uses different spices and herbs in the curry. I think it was the best Eggplant curry I've ever tasted. 

My co-worker got sweets to go home and because it was our first time at Punjab, the waitress gave her 2 of her special sweets to try out.

I would go back to Punjab restaurant any time. Great service, great food, and bonus a very pretty woman serving.   I have no complaints about Pushaps and I know how to make smile the older Indian woman who serves now, but she could make milk curdle when she  doesn't know you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!