Sunday, May 19, 2013

May long week-end canoe-camping trip day 3

I actually slept from 10pm to 2:30Am then I really needed to use a bathroom. I figured I wouldn't fall back to sleep but I did until I was rudely awoken around 5am by a munching porcupine. THere was no shoes, so he was munching on one of the straps of the tent. I flashed my bright light at him and he left.  But the little fucker was back at 9am and woke me up again.

Apparently the porcupines in this park have a shoe fetish. We ran into another camper who complained he got his shoes eaten by a porcupine despite the fact that they had even left food out!!!

Around lunch time we walked up the path to "les chutes du ruisseau blanc." This is the waterfalls higher up the mountain, we were camping next to ruisseau blanc.

When we got back to our campsite around 2:30 there was another porcupine, he was chewing on our life jackets. My friend chased him up a tree, where he stayed for a while.

We then went for a short walk along the path to find a quiet spot to lounge near the Malbaie river, just before our campsite where we got caught in the sandbars.  With the sun out in that spot it was more then 20C and we were able to get a bit of sun. It was so peaceful there that my friend ended up asleep snoring in the grass. It is incredibly quiet when there are no canoes or bicycles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!