Saturday, May 18, 2013

May long week-end canoe-camping trip day 2

Despite all I did day 1, I could not sleep. Probably too hyper from the babbling brooke next out our campsite  I think I had just finally dozed off when I was woken up by a porcupine of all things. He was in our tent vestibule chewing on my companion's shoes.  He came back at 10am for an encore. We pretty much had to chase him off several times.

The porcupines are balsy and seem to think they own the place. Then again it was the first night that campers were around for this season.

We walked the 8km back to the truck to pick up, among other things, my friends boots, as his shoes had been all chewed. The view from the road is not nearly as scenic as in the water but it's beautiful nonetheless. Some views are more spectacular then others. I had a hard time walking 5 hours, well it took us about 2 1/2 hours each way. My right ankle is sore and stiff.

It was mostly sunny with cloudy periods and it was probably 14 or 15C during the say, but dropping near zero at night. This tent is quite warm so no issues with this.   At the campsite l'equerre, you get 2 ballots of wood that come in the price of the campsite. That means we're having a nice fire tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!