Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Why bother having more then 1 employee?

I'm not sure what's up with the internship programs at the Universities, but none of them seem to understand that companies are not run by 1 person and that they have HR departments. For some reason the minute they cannot reach a person in HR, they call me. Like I work for HR?

I work in software quality assurance. Perhaps next time they call I will discuss about them the bugs I'm currently working on. I mean they call me to discuss stuff that is not part of my job description and then they are surprised that I don't want to talk to them. 


I get interns. I interview them, train them, work with them. I am not responsible for the hiring process or answering anything that is the perview of a HR department. I cannot even decide how many interns I am getting. That is all chosen by other people. 

So next time you can't reach someone in a company are you going to call the entire company and talk to everyone? It seems like the people who work at internships programs in Universities do. 

If I have to deal with the 10 universities that I might hire students from and take all their phone calls  and emails that would take up to 50% of my time. And it's not part of my job description. I'm not sure why they don't understand that. 

Next time one of them calls I will discuss in great depth whatever problem I'm having in QA at that point. When they tell me that's not part of their job, I'll tell them "Well I thought you called to discuss my QA issues, why else would someone call someone in QA? "




1 comment:

  1. I like you mom. You're hilarious. People are stupid though.

    It's okay.. someone from the Toronto unit called ME about a trainee I had. Suree I taught him everything I know and did rounds with him, but I never signed anything in his package, I'm a lowly A ticket, I don't have those privileges. Sooo how did she get my name? How did she get my number? Why was she called me on a Saturday? There's a chain of command. She should call my Cox'n, my Chief Engineer or even my B-ticket who you know, has his name written in said trainee's package. I only said positive things naturally about the trainee and the ship.

    Then I went to work and told my Cox'n. That PO will probably get a blast of shit lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for leaving a comment!