Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Excessive advertisement

I had signed up for American Eagle/Aerie emails to get information on sales and the like. Until recently I'd get emails about once a month. 

I don't know if American's know that there is NO black Friday in Canada, and there is NO Thanksgiving in November in Canada. Well American Eagle/Aerie have been sending me each an email daily now for the past week to tell me about sales. 

Today for some obscure reason, they started also to come in French. Just because I'm in Quebec DOES NOT MEAN I WANT STUFF IN FRENCH, especially since I was receiving them in English happily before. 

So today I unsubscribed from both American Eagle and Aerie and I am never giving them again my email. If you are going to send me SPAM twice a day every day for a week, you will get axed. 

Not only that but in their infinite wisdom they  had also started sending me emails for their 77kids as well. My "kids" don't wear kids clothes. More spam. Thankfully I unsubscribed from them 2 weeks ago. Otherwise this week would have been in triplicate daily for AE outfitters. 

Here's a tip, when you FLOOD clients with advertising, they TUNE OUT.

1 comment:

  1. uuuuuuuuurg - I subscribed to fabricville for the same thing and they sent something to my by bloody griggen text to my cell phone WTF if I wasnt on an unlimited plan I would have been charged for it

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for leaving a comment!