Saturday, October 06, 2012

The Wonderfulness of Me

The Wonderfulness of Me

If you took all of the things that were special about me, you could put them all together and call it ADHD.
No better, No worse, just different that's me.
I'm really not crazy, please try and see.
As I daydream and drift, you think no one's there, but nothing could be farther from the truth, believe me I swear.
I see your impatience as my mind starts to wander, but you don't know the depth of the thoughts that I ponder.
For creative thinkers get lost in deep thought, which leads to the illusion that they cannot be taught.
I know trying to reach me can give you the blues,but I wish for just once you could walk in my shoes.
To see things through my eyes, you would be amazed, at the speed and sheer volume my thoughts seem to blaze.
I'm not lazy or stupid, if only you knew, how truly difficult it is to limit myself and think like you do.
So show me some patience, as I'm patient with you.
Just a little tolerance it's long overdue.
Please try and understand me, along with my ADHD.
It's a very big part of the wonderfulness of me.
[Someone posted it in my ADHD group on Facebook and I'm sharing it]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!