Sunday, June 17, 2012

We return to Quebec - day 11

At a Halte municipale near Carleton-sur-Mer on road 132 in Gaspesie
After packing up the Grand Vitara, we crossed the bridge, drove a few miles and we were back on road 132, which goes from Kahnawake near where I live all the way to the border of New Brunswick and around the Gaspe Peninsula.

We drove in direction of Rocher Perce, one of the highly commercialized spots along the scenic coast of the Gaspesie. The view along the coast is spectacular. I was quite happy to visit during the low season, I doubt I'd have been able to handle the hordes of tourist during busy season. Bleah.  


Along road 132 almost in Perce
The campground I'd chosen, Le Camping de la Baie de Perce, run by SEPAQ was right in the middle of Perce and we could walk from our campsite to most places in Perce.

I did a fair amount of souvenir shopping, and picked up a lighter, several fridge magnets, a grey/black stripped hoodie and a wind chime, that was made with local agates and had a really amazing sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!