Friday, June 08, 2012

Grand Falls, and driving to Oromocto - Day 2

Canada geese flying at Republique Provincial Park
This morning we got woken up by Canada geese and by crows. Birds love being noisy very early in the day.

The Falls at Grand Falls, New Brunswick
We got a slow start, we left the campground around noon, and proceeded to Grand Falls. I'd been there several times, but I didn't remember ever seeing the falls.  I got to see the falls and people zipping over the falls on a line. I could never do that, too much afraid of heights.  We stop at a small restaurant in Grand Falls, called Tresors et Delices. They had the most awesome Mussels. It's a pity it was not Friday after 4pm because you can have all you can eat mussels! My travel companion had chicken curry, which was good, but not spicy enough.  If I stop again in Grand Falls, I definitely want to eat at Tresors et Delices again!


Hartland Bridge, New Brunswick - World's longest covered bridge.
The other stop we made on the road was the Hartland bridge - which is the longest covered bridge in the world still in use.  After which we drove to Oromocto New Brunswick to go visit my gf Debbie who recently moved there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!