Saturday, April 28, 2012

Had breakfast with my daughters today

I was supposed to meet up with my daughters last Sunday for dinner, but that didn't work out. Daughter moving to Halifax was supposed to leave on the Tuesday but because the Military is as is, things didn't work out that way. In the end her things were packed yesterday, and she is flying out tomorrow.  Last Sunday we could have still gone out for dinner, except that same daughter wasn't feeling very good and had spent the day in bed. She would have made effort to go to dinner if she was leaving on the Tuesday but at that point, the people in charge of relocation were so clueless it seemed like it was going to take up to 3 more weeks for things to happen. 

In the end it worked out for her. SHe was already partially packed and was ready to go, leaving 5 days later then planned isn't as bad as 3 weeks later. But it was done so short notice the only slot left to see me was Saturday morning!!!!  So we went for breakfast at 9 this morning at Dejeuners Inc, on St Jean blvd, corner Anselme Lavigne, near Mr Falafel. 

I'd never been to a 'breakfast place' in Montreal that I can remember. I had their veggie omelette that came with fried potatoes. The breakfast was excellent.  I really liked the potatoes. One daughter had eggs with blueberry pancakes the other eggs and fruit.  I'd have breakfast at Dejeuners Inc again, I enjoyed the food.

I got to hear about my youngest daughter's stage at the McKay centre. She seemed to have enjoyed it and the experience.  She's still as sensitive as ever. She says the hardest part is realizing that some of the children she worked with, have a limited life expectancy. Some won't make it to 20 years old.  That breaks her heart. She says children with 'special needs' often try so much harder and push themselves so much harder then 'normal' children. 

They gave me an early mother's day card, seeing that one daughter will be in Halifax on mother's day, and it made me cry, it was so sweet. The feelings right now are bittersweet, I ask myself, when will be the next time I see both daughters at the same time again?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!