Thursday, February 02, 2012

Video of vigil for Farshad Mohammadi

Here is the video for the vigil of Farshad Mohammadi, the homeless man shot by the SPVM. Amusingly we were one of the first people at the event, and the police officer in charge of supervising the event came to ask who was in charge of the event and if we had an itinerary. I told him that as far as I knew, we were going to stand there for one hour and then disperse, and that the organizers were not there yet. They did show up but were about 15 minutes late probably due to the snow. It was hell walking in those conditions.

Mind you I'm of the mindset that if it's downtown somewhere it walkable. So I take the train to Gare Centrale and walk anywhere I need to go. That day I figured we had a window of opportunity to go get hubby his doc martens. So we walked from Gare Centrale to St Denis a bit above Sherbrooke to Rio [or was it X20 I can never remember] and then walked back to the SPVM headquarters for the vigil holding boots.

He loves his new docs and finds them really comfortable and warm. I like the fact that though they are just leather boots, unlined, often I find them warmer then winter boots. Unless I'm going to be outside long, I prefer wearing docs.

I also love my new docs. I have 20 hole docs that go to my knees, but I don't find those practical for certain activities, though I love them for going to protest marches. For camping and other activities I prefer 8 hole docs. The pair I got back in the 90s were so dead, though I keep them for camping. So I ended up taking a pair of floral doc martens home with me. Did I mention I love them? I've had several people say that they were so me :)

2 comments:

  1. Those docs are the incarnation of all the homemade dresses you wore in the 90s.

    Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hence why they all say that these docs are so me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for leaving a comment!