Thursday, December 08, 2011

Five Guys burger joint

Today we decided to go to Five Guys burger joint that's on Sources and de Salaberry in Place du Marche, in Dollard. I'm always game to go to a place where I can eat a french fry. 

First off the place looks like a 50's burger joint. White tiles with some red decoration but it looks truly aseptic. I prefer burger joints that look more like food places. But that's neither here or there. 

I ordered a french fry and you don't have options to order a small, their fry is bigger then a large at McD's.  I got my fries a minute later, they were hot, but it seemed like they were just dipped in oil for a few minutes, just long enough to warm them up but not long enough to fry them. I found my fries to be uncooked. 

My colleagues who got their fries with their burgers had fries that were better cooked. However the portions are incredibly big. My gf ordered their small burger and it's the size of the biggest McD burger.  This may be good to feed men who work outside all year round and teen boys, but otherwise the quantity of food served is obscene. People are starving in the horn of Africa and we eat a burger large enough to feed an entire village!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!