Thursday, November 10, 2011

Occupy Montreal - Gets harassed

Other then the media that writes absolutely everything and nothing about the movement, mostly to make the people look like a bunch of homeless drunks or druggies that are trying to destroy the world there are other forms of subtle harrassment.

I had to see it for myself to believe it. I was told last week that this was happening and I wondered if the person telling me was paranoid.  You see while the Montreal police and fire departments are reasonably supportive of Occupy Montreal, we haven't figured out if it's from above or a couple of guys who took it upon themselves but it's pretty sad. 

Since I have ADHD I get distracted by all noises. So I can hear an ambulance, police car or firetruck with sirens a mile away. Here's what surprised me. I was taking photo's a People's Place last Saturday and  I jumped out of my skin when the firetruck sirens suddenly turned on just as it reached Square Victoria and stopped once it got past the square.  If it hadn't just turned on I would not have gotten startled, I would have been following it with my ears to see what direction it was coming from.

At night often between 3-4 am, a police car will go around the square a couple of times with it's siren on and then just leave.  Just like that. Just to make sure everyone got woken up and to possibly incite discord at Place du people after people get too little sleep.

I guess those city employees feel that since the city or their bosses aren't doing anything to get rid of the Occupiers, they will take it into their own hands to make so much noise as to discourage the people to stay.  Well boys and girls, it's nice that you have big sirens you can play with, but it won't change the fact that there's over 200 cities world wide with an Occupy Movement and we aren't going anywhere. If anything the movement is getting bigger.

Lets also not forget that while the "occupy" movement may have started in Europe before it hit Wallstreet, this is the same movement that people called the Arab Spring that saw Tunesia and Egypt bring down their governments and also happening still in Syria, Yemen and Bahrain!  People want to live in freedom and dignity everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!