Friday, November 04, 2011

Arab league doesn't inspire much change

I didn't expect that the Arab League deal with the Syrian Regime would amount to anything much and I wasn't surprised to see that it's business as usual in Bashar's Syria.  He has not removed tanks from cities, towns and villages, if anything he's re-enforced some areas. The Bab Amr area of Homs has been heavily pounded for days, and the people are asking the international community for help. 

The best story coming out of the Syrian Press is that the Syrian Regime is asking insurgents to turn themselves in Police stations. That if they do they will get general amnesty!!!!! I hope no one thinks this is true. According to the deal signed with the Arab League, all prisoners were supposed to be released IMMEDIATELY. I'm not sure what the Syrian Regime doesn't understand about the word immediate, but it's clear that they signed this deal to buy more time to crush the uprising. 

However the People united can never be divided!  The people will not bow down to Assad. This Friday's protests are dubbed "God is the Greatest" Allahu Akbar!   As well, the Homsis will not back down. Bless them all in Homs, some think they are crazy, but the people of Homs show incredible strength of character.  I'm often told at how they are seen like the Newfies of Syria, but in my mind they are inspiring human beings. I'm proud that my husband has a slight touch of 'Homsi' accent in his Arabic and very proud that my mother in law was born in this restive city. 

If you need a laugh today, this is the best joke I've seen in regards to Syria. 

If you don't get it, The first pipe was where Gadafi was found, the 2nd one is a five star reservation for Bashar Al Assad :) 

Where are the journalists that are supposed to be allowed into Syria to see what is really going on? I'm sure they can't seem to be able to get VISA"s. I bet you suddenly the VISA process has issues...

It's most likely that tonight I'll be on the corner of Ste Catherine and Bishop with other people in support of the Syrian People. Zenga Zenga, Dar Dar, The people no longer want Bashar!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!