Friday, October 14, 2011

Weird bug with Nexus S and Grand Vitara bluetooth

I knew when I got a smart phone that I'd be finding phone bugs. I didn't expect to be this weird.

I have bluetooth enabled on my Grand Vitara 2010. I've married it with the Nexus S bluetooth.  Normally I get into the truck with music playing, when the Truck detects the phone or phone detects the truck, it mutes partially the sound, for like 20-30 seconds if that long. Then the sound comes back normal - unless of course the phone rings.

Here's the bug: If the phone has notifications pending [For instance I got an update to my facebook app], then the sound stays muted UNTIL the notifications on the phone are cleared.

That's a stupid bug for a HANDS FREE DEVICE!!! The whole point of piping the sound to the truck is to NOT TOUCH THE DAMN PHONE.

I haven't complained to Samsung or to Suzuki as I have no fucking clue who is responsible for this annoyance and I haven't researched it yet. There might be a phone update that will fix this... or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!