Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Winners - sometimes worth the trip

I wandered into Winners today to look at the purses as mine is about to fall apart. One of the straps is holding by a thread, I figured I'd upgrade before it fell apart on me. 

While waiting in line to pay, in their redesigned lure all clients into a long line and put junk all along that long line to get them to spend more, I realized they were selling boxes of Larabars for $15. Yes. Sixteen Larabars for $15. This is better then Costco that sells you 12 for $13. 

The best part is they had numerous boxes of banana, which tastes just like banana bread. I've been whining that I haven't been able to find Banana ones in a month at health food stores and somehow Winners is liquidating them?  I bought 4 boxes, two banana, 1 peanut butter and jelly and 1 tropical fruit. At that price it's a steal. Individual larabars sell as much as $2.15 at Tau and $1.79 at Healthtree, but neither have a very good selection.

Other then that  I was puzzled today. I ended up shopping a bit at Cote-Vertu Mall - which was decrepit and pitiful last time I was there, but got a face lift and is much better now. I was exploring and usually when I go shopping alone, other then clerks trying to sell, no one ever talks to me. Today I'm not sure why, but I had several patrons asking me if the colours matched, if the outfit looked nice etc. 

Something else amusing me, I went to Future shop yesterday to pick up a hard disk they had on sale, but  they were all out at the Pointe-Claire branch. The girl seeing my utter disappointment, looked up if the two nearest store had any in stock. The Cote-Vertu one did, so hence my trip towards Cote-Vertu. I buy the 2TB drive for $99.

It's supposed to be WDBAAY0020HNC-NRSN, which is what the box says. If you open it, the hard disk itself says WD20EARX - which is the one I wanted to buy originally but could not be shipped/sold in Quebec because there is no French.   The amusing part is I wanted to look up WDBAAY0020HNC-NRSN on the Western Digital site but could not find the model what so ever.  Now I understand. This the product code for the WD20EARX to be sold in Quebec with a bilingual box. :) 

Either way I now have a  Western Digital 2TB SATA drive for my main machine and I also splurged and got a 2.5 TB external USB drive also for $99.   This way I will be able to lug lots of content and also keep backups

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!