Wednesday, September 14, 2011

They changed the Hydro/Bell pole

My neighbour's been talking about it for more then a year. He noticed while cleaning his yard that the Hydro pole looked like it was rotting, and before it fell on anyone he called to advise them. After assessing the situation they called him back to tell him that the pole itself belongs to Bell so had to take care of it. Either way both companies dragged their feet in their coordination. 

I had noticed a message on my answering machine telling me that Hydro Quebec was going to do scheduled work either Tuesday or Wednesday morning. I had figured it would be Tuesday so I had breakfast made before getting up. Of course things never work out exactly that way. Turned out it was this morning they were ready to work. They turned off the electricity around 7:30. Since it was on when I first got up probably 15 minutes earlier, I assumed it was going to be like yesterday and  moved on.

Nah there was no electricity between 7:30am and about 1:30pm. There was half a dozen large trucks and probably more then a dozen guys circulating. The work isn't completely finished either. I think Bell still has to move their stuff, but the new pole has been put in and all the electricity is on it. 

Omelette with Kashkaval cheese and black sesame seeds.
The advantage of having a BBQ with a side burner is that you can make tea when you have no electricity. I made myself tea around 8ish and had a cold breakfast. By 12:30 I was starved so ended up making a really awesome cheese omelette on that BBQ burner. It was not in the least bit burned either.

I often amaze myself. Despite being terrified of propane and/or gas I still manage to cook on both without burning anything. The funny part - and maybe because I'm afraid I'm more attentive is - that I cook better most of the time on gas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!