Friday, September 02, 2011

Post Hurricane Irene

Here I thought I'd not been in the area most affected by Irene, but it turns out I was wrong. Some of the areas we drove through were some of the areas most affected by Irene in Quebec it turns out. At least we drove through a part of Quebec that received the most rainfall. 

All I can say with the winds that we experienced - gusts close to 100km per hour, I'm happy I had the unhealthy part of my maple tree cut down - when I had a close call with part of the tree falling really close to the house.  It would certainly have come crashing. 

I was looking at the National Hurricane centre website tonight, and there's a hurricane that may land in US' south next week, there's a depression in the gulf of Mexico that's going to land in Louisiana and there's potentially a post-tropical depression forming not so far away from Nova Scotia. Looks like the winds are propitious for creating storms at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!