Saturday, September 10, 2011

Google ads targetted but is it helpful?

I made an internet purchase a month ago of the Rafters brand "Antigua" sandals I was pining for and had them shipped to my friends mom in New Jersey while she was vacationing there.  This is how I got around the fact they could not be shipped or found in Canada.

Also recently I upgraded my cell phone to a Smartphone, with Fido, the mobile carrier I've been with for 11 years now.

So now on half of the web pages I visit, I get ads for the Antigua sandals I have purchased and for joining FIDO.  Isn't Google missing the point?

I own the 3 new pairs of sandals I seen 50 ads for SINCE I BOUGHT THEM and I've been a FIDO client for 11 years.  No matter how many more times I see these ads I'm not going to buy any more products from these companies since I already have what I wanted from them!!!!

It's like preaching to the choir!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!