Monday, September 26, 2011

Anonymous hits Official Syrian Sites - and the view from a Christian Syrian

The Homs site I linked yesterday was one of the sites that was targeted by the group Anonymous.  I thank them for their initiative. 

They turned several Syrian Government websites into informative protester websites. The Homs site had the number of dead as a map and articles pertaining to Zainab al Hosni and organ harvesting.  Other sites had links for Syrian protesters to protect themselves while online.

The sites have since been reset however it was still nice while it lasted :)

Still related to Syria:  This was a very touching testament written by a Christian recently:

'Because I am a Christian, I support The Syrian Revolution
As a Christian person, I keep hearing strange things about why we should support Assad ,,, and why he is the “protector” of our existence in Syria. Well after lots of thinking here are my conclusions:
- The Catholic Church in Europe lost a lot of support and respect in the past, because they thought that the glory of the Church was linked to the brutal kings of medieval Europe
- The Church in Iraq was “ok “ with what Saddam used to do to non-Christians and that is what lead to reactions from the extremists in Iraq after Saddam
- In Syria: back in the early days of the Syrian republic, we were 25% of the population and in 40 years of Assad control of the Country we have shrunk to around 5 to 6%. The majority of Christians emigrated to the EU or the US, running away from the brutality of Assads. “both the father and the son”
- In Lebanon, every Lebanese from “Zahleh to Jonyeh” knows exactly what happened when Assad Army entered Lebanon and the massacres that happened for the Lebanese Christians.
After all that...I know why I’m supporting the Syrian Revolution. I understand that our Lord didn’t want us to support the Dictator. I understand that the true Christian will always be with the People, especially if these people have been aggrieved for 40 years

For these reasons and many more ...I am a Christian and I Support the Syrian Revolution'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!