Monday, August 22, 2011

I'm More quiet

For most of this year I've been very verbose, but I think I finally said most of what I had to say because I'm struggling to find things to blog about

First of all let me congratulate the Libyan rebels, who have made it to Tripoli. Let's hope it means they are finally rid of Gaddafi and now can build a new Libya.

I wish it were so for the Syrians, who had to listen to Assad's 4rth speech, which didn't say anything new. In fact the reaction to the speech seemed to encourage the waving and throwing of shoes. To use the terms the Syrian's used they called it a slipper speech and encouraged people to throw their slippers. Whatever the point was they were throwing their footwear at their leader which I understand is a great insult.  That's what Assad gets for hiding the truth before the UN's arrival in key cities in Syria. Let's hope those wonderful Homsi's will find a way to protest in front of the UN delegation.

I actually left the house this week-end and went skating at the Lachine Canal. I managed to skate from 32nd avenue all the way to 55th avenue and back.  Sadly hubby was not able to follow me in this endeavour. He only managed from 32nd to a little bit past 36th avenue after which he was in too much pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!