Saturday, July 02, 2011

Friend's death hits home.

When I heard this morning that Rick had died, I was shocked and upset. But I didn't cry. I barely reacted. I've known him since 1990. At some point for about a year I was really close to him but I had to distance myself at some point. However I always stayed on good terms with him, and I did seem him on average once to twice a year, of late more typically at my gf's place when she has BBQ's.

I had gone to Fairview Mall in Pointe-Claire this morning to pick up my black pair of Rockabilly Hush puppies. On the way home I was thinking about what my gf told me about Rick talking in the past few months about what would happen to his cat should he die.  The tears just poured out. I hadn't realized I was still very attached to Rick. You don't have to see someone daily to care about what happens to them. I always enjoyed reading his silly comments on Facebook and had "liked" one just a couple of hours before his demise.  He was known for his sense of humour. He was also known for being a good friend. He was someone who would listen to your problems if you were upset, and somehow always make you smile.  He will be missed by many people.

There's a lot of things in life I never saw the same way after meeting Rick. Not something you can say about everyone you meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!