Friday, July 15, 2011

Combat Hospital

This week was the 4rth episode in the new series Combat Hospital and I was just as pleased with the show. Of course these days after CSI and reality shows, now the surgery scenes are far more graphic then back in the day. I've never liked graphic scenes and rarely look at them. But it doesn't take away from it being an interesting TV show.  It's not doing very well in the US, but Canadians love it.  One critic said that it's too real, you might as well watch the news. Another critic said it's no M*A*S*H because there's no witty anti war repartee, but honestly M*A*S*H became more critical of the war and more political as seasons progressed. It's also easier to criticize a war decades later, whereas NATO currently has a combat hospital in Afghanistan as we speak.  I'm finding some critics have already made up their mind what this show is and isn't and they've probably only seen one episode, maybe two.

I've also got my M*A*S*H DVD collection out and I'm on the 4rth season first DVD.  It's had been a while since I'd watched it, so it's like coming home to old friends.  I do love that show.

On an unrelated note, I hear my mom-in-law is planning a day trip on Sunday to Damascus, from Beirut. I'm shaking my head, it's dangerous in Syria at the moment. It was dangerous in Syria before the Arab spring but now?  Last I read, they killed 10 protesters in Damascus today.  They estimate so far 1400 people have been killed by security forces and 12 000 are missing most likely in jail in Syria.

I'm thinking there's probably safer places she could go shopping on Sunday then Damascus. I wonder with all the protests and security forces dispersing protesters with live rounds, how many stores will be opened? Despite my hubby's attempts at changing her mind, she's still planning on going to Damascus Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!