Thursday, June 09, 2011

Pesky Pit problem revisited.

After a week of not using anything other then water to wash my armpits a new problem popped up. I mean other then the fact that I didn't like my pits feel sticking and wet all the time.  The outdoor temperature went way up, close to 33C. On that day, I sweat so much that my armpits were burning from the sweat itself. I washed off 4 times at work and if I'd washed anymore I'd be raw between the burning sweat and the rubbing with a facecloth.

So I tried a different approach. I am still avoiding soap like the plague in my pits, but I tried again to use one of the natural deodorants that I picked up in Ottawa. From a company called Lafes. The product is natural and organic.  If I use soap and then put this stuff on, I stink by mid day. If I wash my armpits with just water, and use this deodorant, I don't smell, I don't sweat as much, and I don't itch. I do find it feels sticky though. But not as sticky and icky as with nothing.

So this might end up being the best alternative. I've tried it the past  two days with the heat and it's acceptable. Though before I say it's good I have to try it 10 days. That's how long it takes for me to start showing a skin reaction.  I'm still puzzled though as why my sweat reacts so much more with soaps then it used to. It's not like I changed the soap I am using. Been using same one for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!