Sunday, June 19, 2011

New pastels inspired mostly by Arab Spring

Through most of the spring I've drawn my inspiration from the Arab Spring. Some drawings are more inspired then others.

I think I've linked this one before, but I feel it's part of the series so I'm linking it again, Arab women walking away.

This one is called Lebanese March for Secularism, it's self-explanatory.

This one is of Syrian women watching the sunset - inspired by current events in Syria.

This one is dedicated to Hamza AlKhateeb, it's called "Mosque in Damascus under a blood red sky".

Last but not least, one silly one made of spots, called "Syria's spotty Future". I say it's silly but it's also very serious. The red spots, each one represents the bloodshed.

I have one more, which has nothing to do with the Arab Spring but I'm including it just to be thorough, there is nothing special about it, but it was all I had to give that particular day I would suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!