Wednesday, June 22, 2011

New Canadian TV show

I had seen an ad or two online for Combat Hospital a little while ago and didn't think much of it. When I looked at some of the previews a couple of nights ago, I started to wonder. I've been a huge fan of M*A*S*H and of China Beach.  The first showing surgeons from the Korean war, the second showcases the nurses of Vietnam.

This one seems to be based on an ISAF ally hospital in Kandahar, and the life of doctors and nurses  who are from Canada, the USA, the UK and Australia.  Of course I was curious to see if it was more like Mash or like China Beach. Obviously it's going to be it's own show, but I think it's going to be more like China Beach :)

I enjoyed the first episode. I like the character of the female Canadian surgeon. She's got chutzpah! We'll see how the show develops. But so far I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!