Sunday, June 26, 2011

Daou's Lebanese restaurant

Tonight we went to Daou's Lebanese  and Middle Eastern restaurant in Ville St Laurent.  We arrived around 4ish well before the dinner crowd. We ordered shanglishe salad, hummous balila, makanek, and a mixed grill, which had shrimp and meat with french fries.

I was disappointed with the shanglishe however, after eating some particularly good shanglishe in Zahle, I don't think I'll ever be thrilled with any other. Hubby though it was good by most standards. He agrees that the hummus balila wasn't as good as mine, apparently I make kick ass hummus balila. Hubby enjoyed the makanek and the shrimp, oh the shrimp, it was absolutely divine. Some of the best shrimp I've had in years. Would go back for the shrimp any day.  The fries were nothing special. But I don't go to Lebanese restaurants for french fries.

I've been spoiled. I've gotten to sample Lebanese food in restaurants in different parts of Lebanon, I've gotten to taste some of the best shanglishe, I've also gotten to sample amazing thyme salad, various fish dishes, that I will probably never eat again except if I happen to go back to Lebanon.  I also go to try hummus balila  and the one I make is very similar to what I first sampled. Both hubby and I love it.

So I'm spoiled. No Lebanese restaurant in Montreal will ever get me to go wow. However of all the Lebanese restaurants I've been to with hubby in Montreal, Daou is the best. I'm sure we'll be going again.  It doesn't mean much in some ways. Two of the restaurants I didn't care for, have since closed. One I tried to sample having read amazing reviews had closed.  Of those we have sampled that are still around Daou is still the best.

2 comments:

  1. Love Daou's Lebanese and Middle Eastern restaurant is the latest hot spot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. your blog is amazing n good informative blog post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for leaving a comment!