Friday, June 03, 2011

Canada post union goes for the strike - No mail delivery in Canada as of today.

The union of Canadian postal workers have rejected the latest offer made by Canada post and starting midnight last night, workers in Winnipeg have started a strike. This strike is to last 24 hours before spreading elsewhere around the country.

Canada post will not be delivering mail with the exception monthly social assistance payments such as government pension cheques, veteran's cheques, as well as welfare and child benefit cheques.

Swell. That means I'm going to go to the bank to pay my bills. YUCK. I'm still an old school girl, despite being an ubber geek. I still write cheques and mail them to pay my bill. I don't trust paying bills online. I'm just that paranoid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!