Sunday, May 08, 2011

Prayers for a Democratic Syria on Mother's day.

In my prayers today, my mother-in-law's Sonia friends in Homs, Syria, those wonderful people who shared with me Arab hospitality.  Today I hear they deployed the army along with tanks in Homs.  The protests in Homs were pretty big after this Friday's prayers.

Sonia invited her friend and family to stay with her in her apartment in Beirut a few days ago, but they would not make the trip as their eldest daughter is pregnant and not well enough to travel. Hopefully they have stocked up with all the essentials of life, so they don't need to leave their home and get caught in the cross fire. Inshallah, they will be safe.

I'm not just praying for them of course. I'm praying for all the Syrians who support the pro-democracy protests, including Amina, the Gay Girl in Damascus.  Her blog has gone viral. The first time I checked out her blog she had 200 followers now she has over 500. This is great, as she is articulate, well-read and has lived both in the USA and Syria growing up so can explain to  westerners what is really going on in Syria. 

I'm not just praying for their safety, and freedom, but I'm praying that they achieve their goal of a democratic Syria. May all the Syrian mothers live to see their children live in a democracy. May all the mothers world-wide see their children strive free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!