Friday, May 20, 2011

Another day another protest

I'm taking a well-deserved 4 day week-end. I'm taking today off and Monday is Queen Victoria day in the rest of Canada and Patriots day in Quebec. No matter which way you say it, it's a day off.  I'm driving down to Ottawa this morning to visit a friend. Hopefully I get to go to the tulip festival and it will not rain like it's been raining most days now for weeks. I'm close to ready to volunteer to build an ark at this rate!

I haven't found much news so far about the protests in Syria today, but I am sure they are out in numbers in the streets. I can't help but wonder, when news trickle out in a few hours if we'll be hearing about more oppression, arrests and beatings.  Where is the humanity? How Syrians can beat, torture and even kill other Syrians just is beyond my comprehension. Not that I understand any better when it's two unrelated groups that are killing each other. I never understand when any man kills another. It so senseless.  

On that note I'm going to go pack my bags for my overnight stay in Ottawa.

1 comment:

Thank-you for leaving a comment!