Sunday, April 24, 2011

Early Easter dinner

Last night I had my daughters over for an early Easter dinner. I had spent part of the day cooking. I started around 10am making the Irish Stew. I always find it's best if it cooks for hours and hours. 

While the stew was cooking I also made coleslaw. I split the coleslaw in 2 and seasoned one batch with mayonnaise and one batch with apple cider vinegar and olive oil.  I also made seven bean salad, and Greek salad.  The last thing I made was some gluten free pasta with Kashkaval cheese, zaatar and sun dried tomatoes.

I had made sure to have apple juice available, so they would have something to drink. What amused me to no end is that they showed up after stopping at Loblaws, with wine, apple juice and all the makings for salad. So apparently I was well in tune with my daughters this time over what to feed them. 

I was surprised too that they both wanted to sample my gluten free pasta. It's actually pretty awesome :)  Of course now I have all this food to eat for the coming week. Perfect, now I can work in the garden for the next few days and not have to worry about what I'll be having for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!