Thursday, April 07, 2011

Can't get enough Mac & Cheese

I don't know what's up with that, but lately I can't seem to get enough of pasta and cheese. Last Sunday I made a batch of  it that was divine. I've eaten some every night for the past 4 days and I'm disappointed I have no more left. I'm pinning for more.  I know I make strange uses for za'atar mix but I love the taste of it. 


Here's the recipe:

Gluten and Casein free Macaroni and Cheese with Za'atar

- 2 cups of brown rice pasta
- 1/2 cup of Kashkaval cheese in small cubes
- 1 tbsp Nuvel margarine [Nuvel is casein free]
- 2 tbsp of za'atar mix
- 6 sun dried tomatoes chopped in small pieces
- Salt & pepper to taste
 
Boil about 6 cups of water. Once water is boiling throw in your pasta. Let it cook at low heat about 20 minutes. Drain the water.  Add cheese, margarine, tomatoes, za'atar and seasoning and stir until cheese has all melted, and you have cheesy pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!