Monday, March 28, 2011

What is it with me and army shows?

First it was NCIS - which I started to watch because nothing else was on at that time slot on TV and I thought Abby rocked. The show grew on me and now it is one of my favourite shows. I'm not as crazy about NCIS LA but I don't dislike it either.

I figured I might check out the original show, JAG. Judge Advocate General. I didn't think I'd like it, but I got hooked too. I don't think the show is realistic. I mean they really stretch the idea of what a Navy lawyer does, but the show is entertaining. I do look forward to seeing the two JAG episodes that introduce Leroy Jethro Gibbs and launched NCIS. But I have several seasons of material to watch before I get there.

Of course I'm also fond of M.A.S.H. and China Beach.  Of course those are older and different.  For some reason I keep finding some similarities between Dana Delany and Catherine Bell. Dressed in uniform they look so alike. Yet clearly Dana Delany on Desperate Housewives, and Catherine Bell on Army wives look very different. But I can't help compare them on China Beach/JAG.

While I wrote this I was watching JAG, the last episode of season 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!