Monday, March 07, 2011

The Lebanese march on for Secularism

Yesterday there was more protests in Lebanon for  secularism. I hope the protests encourage change. Things have gotten even nastier in Libya. It's amazing what Gahdafy will do to stay in power, including lying and killing his own people. What a crazy despot!


The Canadian government is warning Canadians to get out of Yemen so things are getting ugly there too. Saudi Arabia have forbidden any protests calling it un-Islamic. I doubt Mohamed, peace be upon him, ever thought that peaceful protests are a problem. But what do I know?

I'm thinking this year will not be a good year to travel anywhere in the Middle East. Too much likelihood of protests and civil disobedience. I don't disagree with either, but I know when you go to protest anything can happen too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!