Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Diet to be helpful with some children with ADHD

Article suggests that some children with ADHD would benefit from a diet where food they are allergic or intolerant to is removed.

I believe in this as in myself the removal of refined sugars and flours originally, including alcohol, chocolate and caffeine and now also removing casein and gluten has made huge differences in how I feel and how hyper I am.

Give me food colouring or any form of refined sugar and I'll talk so fast I'll make you dizzy and bounce off ceilings to the point you'll send me outside to wear out. I've been like this as long as I can remember.

I get a major buzz from eating sugary foods. The most intense buzz I'd get was after drinking a 2L bottle of either Cream Soda or Root beer.  They used to be my favourite soft drinks. 

All those who hang out with me will be happy to know I haven't touched soft drinks in over 15 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!