Sunday, March 27, 2011

Canadian Election - for the 4rth time in 6 1/2 years

I don't care much for politics, but I've had it with Harper. I've had it with him saying it's HIS government as opposed to the Canadian government. I mean a government in a democratic country is supposed to represent the people. So it's never HIS government. It is the PEOPLES government.

I'm glad in some ways that the conservative government has fallen and hopefully we get a different leadership this time. One that is not led by Harper or the Conservatives. It's done nothing good to Canada. 

As I said I don't care for politics and honestly if someone would ask me what party I favour I wouldn't have had a clue. On CBC's website there's this link called Vote Compass.    It asks you questions and tells you what party you seem to be the closest to.  I don't know how accurate it is.   But it was interesting. 


Of course I live on the West Island of Montreal in a riding that is almost always represented by the Liberal Party. In the 20 years I've lived here, it's always been Liberal. I rarely ever feel that voting in a Canadian election has much impact, however it was grilled into my head by my Belgian step-dad that one should vote in a democracy, so I vote.

3 comments:

  1. Sammies11:27 am

    Harper still refuses to withdraw from Afghanistan,and today Corporal Yannick Scherrer died from an IED blast in Afghanistan. May he RIP. He was the 155th Candian soldier to die in Afghanistan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read about Corporal Yannick Scherrer. He was from Quebec! May he RIP.

    I can't wait till Canada withdraws from Afghanistan. We were supposed to help rebuild, not police.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:26 am

    Not only was he from Quebec but I read he was from Montreal!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for leaving a comment!